Burg Schlitz, one of classicism’s most important buildings in Germany, can look back on a two-hundred-year-old history.
Erected from 1806 to 1823 on behalf of Hans Count von Schlitz by architect Friedrich Adam Leiblin as a family residence on the relics of an old castle, it has been diligently and elaborately renovated and reconstructed from 1992 to 1999 with a capital expenditure of more than 60 million Euro and opened as Castle-Hotel in 1999.
Thanks to mindful and authentic restoration works, Burg Schlitz presents itself today as a stately mansion offering its guests repose, tranquility and unobtrusive luxury.
Manuela and Armin Hoeck acquire Burg Schlitz including 450 acres of land appertaining to the estate, take over the general management and control the fate of the estate and Castle-Hotel.
Manuela and Armin Hoeck decide to sell Burg Schlitz, which is thereafter integrated into a trust fund and stays in private ownership.